[mythtv-users] Serial control of D11-500, some data getting to receiver

chris at theromeos.us chris at theromeos.us
Thu Jan 18 23:01:03 UTC 2007

I'm trying to use the directv.pl script modified by Jeff Simpson to change
channels on my D11-500 DirecTV Receiver.  I'm using a Sabrent CUS6M
USB->Serial Converter.  It seems to be the longer version of the SBT-USC1M
listed on the Wiki entry for controlling the STB.

I have two different null modem cable combinations that I'm working with.
I've enabled hardware flow control using stty for my com port.

When I execute the script and use on or off the receiver receives the
command and acts upon it, but then returns a 0xE0 for each response (the
response is supposed to be a 0xF0).  The receiver will shut on or off, but
then the script loops through the remaining retries and continues to say
TimeOut.

When I try to change channels with the script, the first number on the
channel gets to the receiver and displays on the screen as if it was typed
in by the remote, but then the script displays a Time Out error and
retries the first character again.

Is anyone aware of any recent changes in the protocol in use by the STB,
or have any other ideas for what could be causing this behavior?

Thanks,
Chris Romeo