[mythtv-users] Add a channel

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 07:53:00 UTC 2007

On 17/01/07, tbaca at heritagewifi.com <tbaca at heritagewifi.com> wrote:
> I am trying to understand the database.  What sql commands would I use to
> add a channel?

Having been through this process myself to setup many cable channels
quickly, I would suggest the best way to understand the database is to
use a visual editor such as phpMyAdmin and actually explore the
database and its tables. You can browse the channel tables and see
what information it contains and where it links to. By exporting the
channels table (either from within PMA or from the command line with
mysqldump) you will quickly see what information is needed to restore
the channels table, which should make constructing your own import
data much easier. One thing to take note of is the incrementing
'chanid' field which you must ensure is unique for all channels in the
database.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: