[mythtv-users] Can't adjust contrast, brightness etc in Mythtv .20

Robert Tsai mythtv at tsaiberspace.net
Wed Jan 17 19:45:56 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 11:04:53AM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > problems. Can you try downgrading the nVidia drivers to a 7xxx
> > series driver (with the XvMCUsesTextures set to false). If that
> > works, this is probably a driver issue, otherwise it is probably
> > an X or MythTV issue.
>
> Robert, definitely follow these suggestions but for your sake (you
> don't need to convince me =) check your X log file to see if v4l
> loaded properly:

Yeah, I've already verified that v4l is working, and that the nvidia
driver isn't complaining about any of my options (UseEvents, NoLogo).

The only thing is for me to downgrade my driver software. The problem
is that while it may be instructive, it might not help me. I've had to
upgrade to a more recent driver to get a real 720p modeline working on
my TV.

Thanks for the suggestions, and I'll let you know what I find.

--Rob