[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: Can I control my Sony TV's volume with my Hauppauge remote?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 08:44:44 UTC 2007

On 15/01/07, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is more of a Hauppauge question I suppose, but this is probably the
> best place to ask :-)
>
> I'm using the Grey Hauppauge remote with my Mythbox, and I'd like the volume
> and mute buttons to control the volume on my TV, like my Tivo remote does.
> Is this possible? I couldn't find any docs on Hauppauge's website.

The Hauppauge remotes use RC-5 (a common signalling protocol). If your
TV also does, there is the remote possibility it may work. However,
I'm guessing you've already tried without success?

If it didn't work immediately, I'm pretty sure there's no way you'll
be able to achieve what you want. The remote is not a learning remote,
and I know my Sony TV (the volume of which can be controlled/muted
using my Sky+ remote using) is uses a different signalling protocol
(the SPACE_ENC protocol per my LIRC config) to control it.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/