[mythtv-users] New house - any advise?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:47:20 UTC 2007

On 1/16/07, Billy Macdonald <billymacdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently purchased a "production" built house, so I could have extra
> phone & cable lines run to various locations, but that was about it.
> They use cat5 for the phone lines so I was able to make a little patch
> panel at the service entrance in the garage and put new jacks on the
> walls.  It was also very expensive for each run so I did less than
> what I should have done.
> My recommendation is to run at least two coax connections to each
> location where there will be a TV.  This should allow flexibility in
> hooking up cable & OTA, or sat & cable or whatever is desired.  And

you can multiplex cable and OTA or cable and sat onto one line. I did
this at my place in NH, I had cable and satelite come into the
basement, combined them to one line and ran that signal upstairs.
Worked great.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -