[mythtv-users] OT: Mythfrontend on a Wii - ever posible?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:40:41 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, Maverick <mavantix at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > In order to write a Wii channel, I'm assuming you'd need a licensed
> > > Wii developer's kit, which is probably prohibitively costly.
> >
> > That depends upon your definition of "costly".
> >
> > http://digitalbattle.com/2006/06/21/wii-development-kit-to-cost-1700/
>
> I'd contribute a fair sum (couple hundred $$?) to the group purchase
> of the wii dev kit and match the donation to the developers who do the
> port. I'd love to be able to use mythfrontend on my wii to play shows
> and watch tv off my backend.
>
> If 16 other mythtv users wanted to contribute $200, then we'd have
> almost $2k to pay developers interested in doing the port.
>
> I guess Isaac would have to handle the $ part, if he's interested that is.
>
> Something to consider... Nintendo may not let open source projects
> buy/use the Wii kit. :(
>
> -Kenneth

I'd throw in some money as well if this were possible. Isn't  one of the
issues with Myth on the xbox the slow CPU  speed? From what I've heard
navigating menus is painfully slow on the xbox - If the Wii had the
horsepower to handle Myth, it would make a nice candidate for a semi-silent
frontend, providing the Myth install showed up as a channel vs reloading the
OS itself.

- Matt