[mythtv-users] OT: Mythfrontend on a Wii - ever posible?

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 03:22:26 UTC 2007

> > In order to write a Wii channel, I'm assuming you'd need a licensed
> > Wii developer's kit, which is probably prohibitively costly.
>
> That depends upon your definition of "costly".
>
> http://digitalbattle.com/2006/06/21/wii-development-kit-to-cost-1700/

I'd contribute a fair sum (couple hundred $$?) to the group purchase
of the wii dev kit and match the donation to the developers who do the
port. I'd love to be able to use mythfrontend on my wii to play shows
and watch tv off my backend.

If 16 other mythtv users wanted to contribute $200, then we'd have
almost $2k to pay developers interested in doing the port.

I guess Isaac would have to handle the $ part, if he's interested that is.

Something to consider... Nintendo may not let open source projects
buy/use the Wii kit. :(

-Kenneth