[mythtv-users] [OT] Samsung HDTV Question

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 16 15:39:36 UTC 2007

On 15 Jan 2007, at 16:37, Jake Thompson wrote:

> Ok, I just read the following.  I have a Samsung HDTV HL-S5087W on
> order and I just found this in the manual:
> "The HDMI IN 1/DVI IN jack
> is not compatible with PC."
> How could this be the case?  My myth box has a nVidia GeForce 7300
> with "HDTV" output, it has a DVI, S-Video and Composit output.
> Why would a DVI port not be PC compatible?  Is this because they do
> not want to support it or there a real technical reason?

Maybe it overscans on this connection?

The description at Amazon says:
   There's an integrated PC input that lets you make use of this TV
   as a computer monitor so you and your family can cruise the web
   from the comfort of your sofa.
Saying that the VGA _is_ compatible with a PC maybe suggests that the
HDMI is _not_?