[mythtv-users] [OT] Samsung HDTV Question

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 15 17:29:11 UTC 2007

>From: "Jake Thompson" <jake at jakethompson.com>
>Ok, I just read the following.  I have a Samsung HDTV HL-S5087W on order
>I just found this in the manual:
>"The HDMI IN 1/DVI IN jack
>is not compatible with PC."
>How could this be the case?  My myth box has a nVidia GeForce 7300 with
>"HDTV" output, it has a DVI, S-Video and Composit output.
>Why would a DVI port not be PC compatible?  Is this because they do not
>to support it or there a real technical reason?
>Any help would be appreciated. I want to know if I should cancel my order.

I have a Samsung HL-R4667W and the manual says the same thing.  I've been
using a DVI to HDMI cable with it for months without a problem.  I think
this is just Samsung doing a CYA in case someone has a problem with it.
Based on my experience I would say it should work without a problem.

The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here.  Get all the scoop.