[mythtv-users] Recomended distro???

Jake Thompson jake at jakethompson.com
Tue Jan 16 15:05:23 UTC 2007

Wow I cannot beleive what I am reading.....

I beleive he asked for easy, so when has install it and compile everything
yourself become easy.

Ubuntu is nice, but getting all the myth components and compiling them
youself is a pain.

Gentoo is awsome if you know exactly what you are doing and really want to
tweak the system, but easy no.

Fedora has RPMs and Myth at atrpms makes installing it fairly
straightforward with a little help from Jarrod Wilson.  But again, easy for
someone new to linus, not really.

What is easiest to get your feet wet, and to start playing with Myth to
learn myth and not lear linux would be something like MythDora or
KnoppMyth.

I personally use Fedora Core 6, but this is because I have been using fedora
since day one. I would only recommend this to people if I kew they either
had 1. a good linux working base, or 2. me there to lend a hand.

So in short if you want Myth ASAP, use MythDora, if you want to "learn" then
use any of the other suggestions being made.