[mythtv-users] Recommended upgrade from FC4/0.19?

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 03:07:12 UTC 2007

I have a working Myth setup with separate back end and front end
running FC4 and Mythtv 0.19 from ATRPMs. neither FC4 nor 0.19 are
supported by ATRPMs any longer, so I guess it's time to upgrade. I
upgraded my desktop to FC6, I can install Myth 0.2 on it (no 0.19), of
course it can't talk to 0.19 backend.

My problem is that I'd like to upgrade in a way which has the least
chance of breaking stuff. I'd like to try out Myth 0.20 and solve all
problems that upgrade causes, or upgrade to FC6 first and then work on
Myth.

Has anyone done similar upgrade, can you tell me what worked and what
caused problems?

Thanks!

--
Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)