[mythtv-users] mythrename.pl renames my .avi to .nuv

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jan 15 19:15:59 UTC 2007

On Jan 15, 2007, at 10:50 AM, Christophe Zwecker wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> Not the most efficient way, but certainly the easiest to keep avi
>> extensions would be to add this line after 385:
>>
>> 	$suffix = ".avi" if ( $out =~ /\.avi$/i );
>
> hmm still the same, mythrename changed .avi to .nuv ...
> you sure about the syntax ?
>
> I notice if I change the filename back to .avi and rerun mythrename
> its
> stays, if I change the basename table entry in the database to .avi
> aswell it again changes filename and basename entry to .nuv...
>
> thx for your help

I'm not sure I understand.  You're changing the basename to .avi and
the file on the disk to .avi and mythrename is changing it back
to .nuv? I'm not sure how this is happening since the only place in
the code that mentions nuv is line 385.

basename in the db must match the name of the file on the disk or
else the record is skipped which is why it's not changing anything
when you only change the filename on disk.