[mythtv-users] OT: Need a new HDTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jan 15 04:45:39 UTC 2007

On Jan 14, 2007, at 8:13 PM, Mark wrote:

> Bill Williamson wrote:
>
>> Country?
>>

> USA
>
>> Format?
>>

> Would like LCD, about 32-37 inch widescreen, 1080p for futureproofing
>
>> Budget?
>>

> $600-800 would be nice
>
>> Constraints? (space, wallmount, projector, ?)
>>

> 7-10 feet viewing distance, flatscreen preferred, wallmount capable,
> stand for now.

I'm very happy with my Westinghouse 1080p display. I've got the 42"
but they also have a 37" with the same specs. The thing I love most
is that it's just a display - no tuner. This means it was a couple
hundred dollars less than the comparable HDTV's and I don't need to
worry about a modeline because it doesn't overscan. It's got dual-
link 1080p DVI, single-link 1080i DVI, HDMI, 2 component, VGA and S-
Video inputs.

Pricegrabber.com says the 37" is around $1100-$1200. This also
happens to be the lowest cost 1080p display on pricegrabber.com. If
you can find a 1080p for under $1000, I'm sure the rest of us would
like to know. :)