[mythtv-users] Question about sat EPG

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 14 11:30:02 UTC 2007

Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>
>> In a multi-LNB setup with numerous TV channels, how can MythTV cope with
>> the EPGs of these channels for which there will be no xmltv grabber
>> (configured) most of the time?
>> I.e.: do I need some sort of scan to fill the PEG that MythTV has?
>>

> When set to EIT only (and probably also with the combination), Myth will
> trawl the transportstreams picking up the EIT information on order to
> fill the EPG. So far, i find it is doing a pretty effective job. Now if
> ITV and BBC were sending some EIT info, i would also have EPG info on
> Astra2.... On Astra1 its going pretty good.

Will trawl?
Automagically or only when you tune to a channel of that transponder?
So if I don't watch TV I won't have the EPG filled?
Maybe it would be handy to have MythTV scan for EIT during the nighttime
when not recording?
(or can it do that already?)

The EPG stuff for sat TV is kinda new to me so I am investigating how
things work in the MythTV context. If there would be sources for xmltv
data for `european` sats, that would be interesting too.