[mythtv-users] Question about sat EPG

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Sun Jan 14 11:18:07 UTC 2007

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

>In a multi-LNB setup with numerous TV channels, how can MythTV cope with
>the EPGs of these channels for which there will be no xmltv grabber
>(configured) most of the time?
>I.e.: do I need some sort of scan to fill the PEG that MythTV has?
When set to EIT only (and probably also with the combination), Myth will
trawl the transportstreams picking up the EIT information on order to
fill the EPG. So far, i find it is doing a pretty effective job. Now if
ITV and BBC were sending some EIT info, i would also have EPG info on
Astra2.... On Astra1 its going pretty good.