[mythtv-users] Getting control of my remote

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Jan 14 08:04:02 UTC 2007

On Jan 13, 2007, at 11:36 PM, Dave M G wrote:
> Some settings don't seem to be having an effect. For example, when
> watching a video file, if I hit "pause" nothing happens. This is
> what is
> in the lircrc file:
> # Pause playback
> begin
> prog = mplayer
> button = PAUSE
> repeat = 2
> config = pause
> end

It would probably pause a video i f you were using mplayer to view
it. Change prog = mplayer to prog = mythtv

> I would assume that means that the PAUSE button is configured to pause
> the video. But it does nothing. I can't rewind, fast forward, or stop
> the video.
>
> Other settings don't behave as expected. For example:
> # Channel Up
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = Ch+
> repeat = 2
> config = Up
> end

You have "Browse" turned on. It's on by default because this is the
preferred method of changing channels. There's no need to tune to the
channel to see what's on. Just up and down to see the information
about what's on and hit select to actually change to that channel.
You can change it to actually tune to the next/previous channel when
you hit the button but mythtv is notorious slow at changing channels
so you really are using the best method.