[mythtv-users] Getting control of my remote

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Jan 14 07:36:58 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

I have just succeeded in installing MythTV version 0.19 on my Ubuntu
6.06 (Dapper) computer. There are still a few small issues that I hope
to resolve.

First and foremost is getting my remote to work. That is, it does work,
but I can't seem to get the keys to map properly.

I'm using a Hauppauge PVR-150. I think it's the grey remote. It's kind
of silvery-grey, so it might be the silver one, but I'm not clear on how
different they really are.

I downloaded the example lircrc file here:
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/lircrc-haupgrey-g3.txt

... and put it here: ~./mythtv/lircrc

Some settings don't seem to be having an effect. For example, when
watching a video file, if I hit "pause" nothing happens. This is what is
in the lircrc file:
# Pause playback
begin
prog = mplayer
button = PAUSE
repeat = 2
config = pause
end

I would assume that means that the PAUSE button is configured to pause
the video. But it does nothing. I can't rewind, fast forward, or stop
the video.

Other settings don't behave as expected. For example:
# Channel Up
begin
prog = mythtv
button = Ch+
repeat = 2
config = Up
end

I would assume this to mean that when I press Ch+ on the remote, the TV
moves up one channel. But all that happens is that a text box at the
bottom of the screen comes up, and that displays the name of the next
channel up. To actually go to that channel, I have to hit the "OK"
button. How do I get the channels to move up and down directly, as one
usually does on a regular TV?

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I might be missing in this
process?

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS