[mythtv-users] mythtv on the ps3

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 12 19:49:33 UTC 2007

>From: "Reza" <rezmang at yahoo.com>
>
>nice, uPnP looks like some interesting technology, is there anything I need
>to do to activate it in myth >or is it always on? Im pretty much looking
>for something which looks nice and can access my backend >recordings and
>play all my movies/dvds. Obviously it would be awesome to get mythfrontend
> >completely functional on my ps3.

It's on all the time assuming you're running 0.20-fixes or SVN.  The uPnP
server wasn't added until after 0.20 came out.  I've played with the server
on my desktop using djmount and it seems to work really well.

I picked up a PS3 earlier today (it's amazing how fast they went from $1500
on eBay to 10 in stock at the local Circuit City) so I'm excited to test the
uPnP setup.  My only concern is wireless bandwidth for streaming HD
recordings.

Jake