[mythtv-users] Serial Hauppauge Remote: mode2 "OK", irw, says "connect: Connection refused"
larry at foxgulch.com
Fri Jan 12 19:35:01 UTC 2007
> Nick Morrott wrote:
> If you run
> # /sbin/service lircd status
> is the lircd subsystem locked
No, lircd is shown as running normally.
> Finally, make sure you have a (good) /etc/lircd.conf file. mode2 works
> indicating the hardware is working, so I would guess it's a lircd
> configuration thing. Nick
Right on the money, Nick! I had blindly copied the file
lircd.conf.hauppauge over to
/etc/lircd.conf. It contained definitions for several remotes. Then
I read this
1. From: http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=Hauppauge250Remote
2. If the remote still does not work...
3. Hauppauge distributes three different remotes with the PVR250/350
- black, grey and silver. Each requires a different
/etc/lircd.conf file. If you've followed the above instructions
and still have no luck, you likely have the wrong /etc/lircd.conf
for your particular flavor of Hauppauge remote. Let's get the
4. For example, if you have a silver remote (verified by the marking
A415-HPG on the barcode label in the battery compartment) do the
6. 1) Download the Hauppauge file from sourceforge:
7. $ wget
8. 2) Edit lircd.conf.hauppauge and delete all the lines except for
the section relating to the A415-HPG. If you have one of the other
remotes, identify the section which corresponds to the buttons on
your particular remote, and use that section instead.
9. 3) Save the original /etc/lircd.conf in case you need to refer
back to it:
10. $ mv /etc/lircd.conf /etc/lircd.conf.orig
11. 4) Copy the edited lircd.conf.hauppauge file to /etc/lircd.conf:
12. $ cp lircd.conf.hauppauge /etc/lircd.conf
13. 5 ) Tweak /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc:
14. Since the silver remote has a substantially different button
layout than the grey one, you'll probably want to tweak your
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc file to your liking. You can use the
one in this thread as a starting point
15. Now reboot and enjoy!
Since the remote I have was the same model, I deleted all the other
extra hauppauge remote definitions in the file,
leaving the silver with black under belly def for my A415-HPG,
rebooted. I then, not sure why this was necessary, issued a
/sbin/service lircd restart
and found that irw was operating. My silver on black underbelly
hauppauge (came with Wintv PVR USB2 which I never did get working!) is
now functional in mythtv.
Many thanks Nick.
More information about the mythtv-users