[mythtv-users] VGA -> LCD or DVI->Convertor->HDMI?

Dwight Morgan dwightbulk at charter.net
Fri Jan 12 18:06:20 UTC 2007

At work on Dell computers/monitors we have found the DVI to make a significant difference.  The DVI is defiantly better.  The DVI is clearer.  We had some users that wanted their CRT monitor back at first without the DVI.  On the other hand, some users don't notice the difference.

-Dwight

>>> On 01/12/2007 at 09:34, in message <7ab5b6680701120934o4354ac8fq8a364ecbff47c046 at mail.gmail.com>, John Welch<jrw3319 at gmail.com> wrote:

I checked the manual for his display, and it will likely have the same
"issue" mine had and which I detailed above.  The key words to look
for are "DVI not intended for PC display" or words to that effect (see
page 7 of his manual on the samsung site).

I second this.  I have a Samsung 26" LNR(something) model TV.  I was disappointed when I first got the TV and saw this note in the manual about the DVI input.  Despite the warning I tried to get it to work but was never successful.  I switched to the VGA input, got it up and running fairly easily, and have been very satisfied with the picture quality.  For a brief time I had a Mac Mini hooked up via DVI-HDMI cable and I would say the picture quality was better on the VGA input.