[mythtv-users] VGA -> LCD or DVI->Convertor->HDMI?

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 17:34:02 UTC 2007

> I checked the manual for his display, and it will likely have the same
> "issue" mine had and which I detailed above.  The key words to look
> for are "DVI not intended for PC display" or words to that effect (see
> page 7 of his manual on the samsung site).
>
> I second this.  I have a Samsung 26" LNR(something) model TV.  I was
disappointed when I first got the TV and saw this note in the manual about
the DVI input.  Despite the warning I tried to get it to work but was never
successful.  I switched to the VGA input, got it up and running fairly
easily, and have been very satisfied with the picture quality.  For a brief
time I had a Mac Mini hooked up via DVI-HDMI cable and I would say the
picture quality was better on the VGA input.