[mythtv-users] VGA -> LCD or DVI->Convertor->HDMI?

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Fri Jan 12 05:17:54 UTC 2007

On 1/12/07, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let us know if you do. I'm dubious about people being able to tell the
> difference between DVI/HDMI and VGA so I'd be interested in what you think.
> I certainly can't tell the difference on the LCD monitor I look at all day.

I checked the manual for his display, and it will likely have the same
"issue" mine had and which I detailed above.  The key words to look
for are "DVI not intended for PC display" or words to that effect (see
page 7 of his manual on the samsung site).

It's not doing anything to actively discourage the signal, just it
applies overscan correction and will only work with HDTV modelines,
not "raw" modelines.