[mythtv-users] VGA -> LCD or DVI->Convertor->HDMI?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jan 12 04:52:34 UTC 2007

On Jan 11, 2007, at 8:03 PM, Bill wrote:

> Thanks to those that responded... the exact tv is a Samsung LN-
> S5296D -
> which goes up to 1920x1280 (I think).  So its a 1080i display.

You must mean 1920x1080 (that's where the "1080" in 1080i comes
from). I have a 42" LCD that does 1080p and 1080i. I've set it up on
both via dual-like DVI and it looks great either way. If I actually
had some 1080p content to display, I imagine 1080p would look even
better. :) I've even tried different resolutions over VGA and it
still looks good to me. Like most people, you'll find that trial and
error is the way to go. :)