[mythtv-users] HDMI capture device

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 17:21:32 UTC 2007

On 1/11/07, Jake Palmer <jakep_82 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> So this card isn't HDCP compliant yet you're going to somehow record HDCP
> protected content?  Good luck.

UH... the way I read it, that poster was stating "Most HDTV thru STB
are dont use HDCP!", in other words, for now most HD content through
the STB is not using HDCP over HDMI.  Now whether or not that's true I
have no clue, as I'm still doing analog recording myself.  But
still...  Doesn't look like it to me he was suggesting being able to
record HDCP content at all.