[mythtv-users] mythtv on the ps3

Jeff Breadner jeff at breadner.ca
Thu Jan 11 06:30:05 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 23:48 -0500, Reza wrote:
> Seeing if anyone else is running mythfrontend on the ps3. It took me
> about 2 days to piece together my setup, but its all working
> (0.20.20060828-3). Im running into the following issues:
> Feel free to respond with your own mythtv ps3 questions, problems,
> solutions, etc :)

I'm certainly interested in getting mythfrontend running on my PS3, and I've got some questions:

* What distro are you using?
* Do you have a procedure posted anywhere?

If your procedure isn't available elsewhere:
* Which configure options did you use?
* Which compiler did you use (Sony's CBE-specific compiler?)
* What issues did you run into, and how did you resolve them to get to
where you are now?

I've got YDL5 installed right now, but will put on whichever OS is most
likely to get mythfrontend running best.  I'd like to help out however I
can, just let me know how to get to where you are and what needs to be
done.

cheers
  Jeff B.