[mythtv-users] mythtv on the ps3

Reza rezmang at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 04:48:36 UTC 2007

Seeing if anyone else is running mythfrontend on the ps3. It took me about 2 days to piece together my setup, but its all working (0.20.20060828-3). Im running into the following issues:

-Video playback of live tv and recorded tv isnt great, noticible frame loss.
-Huge lag periods when loading the theme. It sometimes takes 5 minutes for mythfrontend to load the intro screen.
-Cant get my 4:3 recordings to playback with a 4:3 aspect ratio. I have linux running in 720P (16:9) and mythtv stretches the playback to 16:9. I would like to have the option to have verticle bars.

Feel free to respond with your own mythtv ps3 questions, problems, solutions, etc :)

thanks