[mythtv-users] VGA -> LCD or DVI->Convertor->HDMI?

Bill Bill at explosivo.com
Thu Jan 11 04:18:54 UTC 2007

Hello everyone!

I have an new LCD screen on order (yay!) to replace my decade old 27"
RCA-POS TV.  In the spirit of things I am rebuilding my mythTv system -
starting from scratch.

The new system will have a Hauppauge 500 and 350 (hopefully I can get
these to work).

Pretty much the questions I have that hopefully some more experienced
people can answer are:

* My LCD will have a VGA connection and HDMI connectors.   I can
connect to the TV three ways - which is best.

1) Normal cable coax connection (the 350's were pretty bad when it came
to OSD, and I'd like to have mythgame working also).

2) Record on the capture cards, but play back over a video card to
the VGA connection

3) Record on the capture cards, but play back over a video card to
the HDMI from a DVI card through a convertor.

At first this will be the whole thing, but after its going I plan to
put a front end system there and move the backend away.

Any thoughts would be great!

Thanks,

Bill