[mythtv-users] Fuzzy resolution using LCD monitor to display ordinary NTSC

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 20:53:57 UTC 2007

On 1/10/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> you seem to have explained
> it all. Not sure what the question is.

Now that the problem is defined I can work toward a solution. I need to
figure out how to lower the resolution of my monitor while it plays NTSC
video, and then reverts to 1024 X 768 for web surfing etc. I also plan to
add two pcHDTV cards for OTA HDTV, that of course probably means cranking up
the resolution of the monitor as high as possible.

How best to do the above tasks?

> Equipment:
> > pvr-150 (via component, S-video is a mess)
> > fx5200
> > AMD64 3200+
>
> I have the same system. your s-video should give a slightly better
> picture than your component. Not sure what "a mess" looks like.

Colors so faint as to be nearly black and white. Distorted image --
especially along the top of the screen.

Thanks for the help -- much obliged