[mythtv-users] ATSC-110 - Cannot load saa1734-dvb

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 02:02:22 UTC 2007

Hello all
I am trying to setup atsc-110 to use QAM to record HD
programs. I
have followed a bunch of documentation on getting this
to work. I am
able to modprobe the saa1734-dvd module at the command
line. As I am
not very familiar with the modprobe.conf entries (I
tried and I am
having a kernel panic), it would be of great help if
people using the
atsc-110 could post their modprobe entires. I have
tried a few things
but, the dvb module does not load with the changes I
have made. I
obviously don't understand the format and how the
modprobe.conf
works:-(. My last change resulted in a kernel panic.

I've found that you just need to load the saa7134-dvb
(I assume typo in your post). You can add this to your
rc.local file modprobe saa7134-dvb.

Once it loads, you should see a dvb directory made
under the /dev/ directory.