[mythtv-users] modelines for plasma

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 01:06:58 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
> > should work fine. you may need to add all/any of the following as well,
> >         Option          "FlatPanelProperties"   "Scaling = native"
> >         Option          "IgnoreDisplayDevices"  "TV, CRT"
> >         Option          "ExactModeTimingsDVI"   "1"
> >         Option          "UseEDIDDpi"     "0"
> >         Option          "UseEDIDFreqs"     "0"
> >         Option          "ModeValidation"     "AllowNon60HzDFPModes,
> > NoEdidMaxPClkCheck, NoMaxPClkCheck, NoHorizSyncCheck,
> > NoVertRefreshCheck, NoEdidDFPMaxSizeCheck, NoEdidModes"
> Firstly, where can I find an on-line  reference which lists these options?

the NVIDIA driver readme linked to from their page which you download
the driver.

> > you can also try getting the EDID information and building a modeline.
> > using the 1.0-9746 drivers, launch X and run nvidia-settings (if you
> > want, you can run it from an ssh session wit the "-c :0.0" parameter),
> > and read the EDID output.
> I cannot see anywhere in nvidia-settings where the EDID information is
> available. Can you assist please?

it's a button somewhere in nvidia-settings...

> (I have an Nvidia 6200 here on the desktop machine... just breaking it
> in gently in case I need to hot-swap a frontend box to home!)

search "UseEvents" on this list, theres some important information
you'll want to know about.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -