[mythtv-users] MythTV freezing up

Josiah Royse jroyse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 21:54:53 UTC 2007

On 1/7/07, SBMythTV <SBMythTV at cox.net> wrote:

> About once a day the entire system freezes up and there is nothing to do
> but to reboot. Each time the system was either in the process of recording
> a show or in the process of a commercial detection job.
> ..
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Kenan

Two things come to mind:
1. ACPI in Fedora - try turning it off by appending the correct syntax as a
kernel option on the boot prompt in Grub.conf
2. PATA drive- master/slave cable arrangement and two drives.  Do you have
both IDE drives on one cable?  Do you have a SATA controller you could
attach a SATA-to-PATA adapter on?  I had random lock-ups with a desktop PC
while performing a tar gzip (disk errors/resets in messages log) with two
PATA drives on one ribbon.  I off-loaded one of the two PATA drives to SATA
using a Rosewill SATA adapter and the machine no longer locks up/errors.

--Josiah