[mythtv-users] Need some help with lirc, remote keyboard for mce

Fred Clausen fred at derf.nl
Tue Jan 9 19:09:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

Bobby Rossberg wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I received an OEM Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media Center
> Edition v1.0  Model 1044 for christmas and am having trouble getting it
> to work with lirc.

 From some googling it appears that this is just a normal keyboard but
correct me if I'm wrong. You would not use lirc for that but you would
plug in its receiver and it would appear in Linux as a regular USB keyboard.

> I happen to also have a Streamzap pc remote laying around and want to
> configure this streamzap remote with it's usb ir receiver and my new IR
> keyboard.

Not sure about this one.

> I am currently using a silverstone case which came with an IMON remote
> and a built in ir receiver, but would like to switch over to the
> streamzap and the external ir receiver.

I also have this case and used the remote for a while but could not get
the directional buttons (for navigating DVD menu's etc.) working so I
used the bundled Hauppauge remote that came with my PVR-350 instead. But
if you want to try this remote see this thread on venky.ws:

http://venky.ws/forums/viewtopic.php?t=189&highlight=lc20m

and also search those forums.

> Does anyone have a similar setup?  Could anyone give me some advise on
> how I could get my new toys to work with my fedora core 4 myth system.

Is there any reason you are using FC4? You could try FC6 and use Jarod
Wilson's most excellent guide at:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

Cheers,

Fred.