[mythtv-users] ATi Remote Wonder and FC5

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:03:36 UTC 2007

I have MythTV 0.19 set up on my laptop with Fedora Core 5.  The
problem seems to be that the repeat rate is off-the-map with my
remote.  When I get into mythfrontend, even the lightest touch on the
down key (on the remote) seems to send hundreds of down signals, and
the highlighted bar zips down to the bottom (and wraps back up to the
top of the menu) again and again.

What I can't figure out is whether this is caused by a kernel-module
level driver or by lircrc.  I tried re-downloading the ati_remote.c
kernel module driver, re-compiling it and reloading it with a full
reboot; but it doesn't seem to make a different.

I've always customized the ati_remote.c file in the past (when I was
using FC4), and it's worked fine, but I haven't had the same success
with FC5.

Can someone help me out and tell me where to look?

Thanks!