[mythtv-users] XvMC on NVidia with Myth .20 (Anyonegetting goodHD off a P4 3

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Mon Jan 8 17:37:56 UTC 2007

On Jan 8, 2007, at 11:13 AM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> If you are using S-video for output to a CRT, I doubt that you are
> actually getting an 'HD' level signal. You are likely dealing with a
> digital SD level signal (which is quite a different thing). Good that
> you can get digital output. Weird that you are getting problems with a
> PVR doing analog SD signals.

Right. This is HD-input or SD-input. I've got much higher recording
quality than playback.

Hrm... I can get a digital-in SD program. I should record one and
compare that to the cable-in PVR recording. They should just be
MPEG-2, but hey...

Also interesting that the S-video out ignores modelines. I know you
can futz with resolutions, but I thought you could also do refresh
rates. I guess not.

> Have you tried setting your output to an NTSC (or PAL) standard
> output?
> The buffer pauses may be the result of the system trying to change
> resolution on the output signal, and not succeeding gracefully.

In MythTV? I believe that my output is set, but I'll check.

> Jarod Wilson's site has the steps and tests to check out your setup.
> For me, the PVR-500 'just worked'. It was lirc and the digital side
> which were the problem....

I'll look that up. Thanks!

Drew

--