[mythtv-users] Kurobox + WinTV-PVR-USB2 = working backend??

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 07:44:24 UTC 2007

[snip]

> - The wiki instructions for getting debian running do not involve
> U-boot...seems like U-boot is the way to go though for 2.6 kernels and
> future compatibility.  Do you use U-boot?  I haven't gone past EM mode yet,
> I want to make sure I start the right way.

I'm not useing U-Boot yet. Looking at it, but taking baby steps.

> -  Is Sylver's 'improved debian image' the one you used?  Otherwise it seems
> like you wind up with Woody and not Sarge.

I used Sylver's image and went with the most recent kernel so I could
use XFS for my myth partition, then set my default to sarge and used a
combination of sid with debian-multimedia and sarge and sid with the
main mirrors for debian in my sources list.

I have not posted the full write up yet due to a problem related to
the hdhomerun not being able to properly scan and set up channels.  I
worked around it by scanning from a differen't host then changing the
hostname for the cardinput table back to the kuro. Other than that it
works great, but I am looking at working out an actual patch to
submit. The next steps are to get my Plextor TV-402U working with it
as well.

Cheers!
Eric