[mythtv-users] nuvexport under ubuntu 6.10 (edgy eft)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Jan 6 21:44:43 UTC 2007

> Aha, so that wasn't the best way to do it!  I didn't realize nuvexport
> tried to work with different versions of ffmpeg.  I'm afraid the Ubuntu
> ffmpeg package doesn't have a very helpful version string.  I'm
> attaching the output of ffmpeg -h.

yeah, nuvexport scans the cli options.  Which is odd, since your -h
output should make nuvexport use the correct -b option for bitrate, etc.

> While I've got your attention, I ran across a case where ffmpeg doesn't
> do what I expected.  If you specify a file on the command line, but
> you've specified require_cutlist in the config file, it won't find the
> specified file unless it has a cutlist.  I expected the explicit
> filename on the command line would override the cutlist requirement.  So
> I'm also attaching a trivial patch to correct this.  Do with it as you like.

You mean nuvexport?   no, it's supposed to do that.  It's an "any" match
rather than an "or" match.  Probably a good idea to follow your patch,
though.  Can you attach it to a ticket in mythtv svn so there's a good
record?

-Chris