[mythtv-users] EPG display of repeats/reruns and program schedule

Mr. Demeanour mrdemeanour at jackpot.uk.net
Sat Jan 6 18:25:58 UTC 2007

Rusty Lingenfelter wrote:

> 1) Is there a theme, etc. that I can use to display whether or not a
> program is a repeat/rerun?

I didn't realise that the schedules contained any programmes that
weren't re-runs :-)

> 2) Is there a way to schedule programs to watch and not record.

I would also like to see such a feature (but note that in reality,
anything you watch *is* recorded). AFAIK the feature does not exist.

WORKAROUND: schedule the item to be recorded (and schedule other things
to be recorded, in such a way that all tuners are being used for
recordings at the time the programme starts). Then you will be prompted
at programme start-time to (a) watch while recording, (b) return to
menu, or (c) cancel the scheduled recording and continue to watch LiveTV.

So the feature that I'd like to see would allow me to mark a scheduled
recording so that I am notified by the UI when it starts recording, and
can click a button to start watching the new recording from the
beginning. I'd guess this would be pretty trivial to implement. The
gotcha arises from the fact that there can be multiple frontends
running, or none; the simplest thing would be to display the alert on
any frontend that happens to be running.

--
Jack.