[mythtv-users] EPG display of repeats/reruns and program schedule

Rusty Lingenfelter lingenfr at excite.com
Sat Jan 6 15:48:56 UTC 2007

I have my Myth box working well enough to try and hand it off to the family. So far, not too bad. However, our RCA TV has Guide+ and my family is rather used to it. I have two questions related to the availability of Guide+ type functions with MythTV EPG.

1) Is there a theme, etc. that I can use to display whether or not a program is a repeat/rerun? In G+ it shows a circular arrow in the bottom right corner to indicate a repeat/rerun (also close captioning, etc). I am currently using zap2it for my program information, but I would switch if that would bring me this functionality.

2) Is there a way to schedule programs to watch and not record. We are kind of used to plugging in an evenings TV watching and then Guide+ tunes at the appropriate times.

I have found a few blogs, etc. with folks asking about these two features, but they are circa '03, so I am thinking that maybe MythTV has been enhanced since then.

Thanks.