[mythtv-users] File sharing?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 03:25:28 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, Dwight Morgan <dwightbulk at charter.net> wrote:

> I have looked around a little bit for file sharing options and haven't found
> anything.  Is there a good file sharing mechanism?

Fellas,

This topic comes up occasionaly and the answer is alway the same.
Mythtv does not support or condone rebroadcast or transfer of
copyrighted materials. It is a system designed for time-shifting,
format-shifting, even device shifting, but within the confines of fair
use.

Isaac has been very clear on this and the developers and community are
in agreement. File sharing mechanisms are not now and will not be for
the foreseeable a part of Mythtv.

It is an open source project, so of course if you want to implement
such mechanisms you are free to do so. However, it will not be
supported or included as part of Mythtv, and is not a suitable topic
for discussion on the Mythtv list.

If you want more information or more opinions, search the list archive
for 'sharing' or 'torrents':

www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/

And move any discussion of implementing these things off list.