[mythtv-users] acpi wakeup mythbackend

Markus Amann mamann at web.de
Fri Jan 5 18:18:06 UTC 2007

Markus Amann schrieb:
> Dylan Semler schrieb:
>
>> On 12/18/06, *Markus Amann* <mamann at web.de <mailto:mamann at web.de>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi
>>
>>     I´d like to wakeup my Mythbackend with the ACPI solution.
>>     I followed the ACPI Wakeup at the Myth Wiki, but without success.
>>     My wakeup Command is "SetWakeuptimeCommand /usr/bin/mythsettime $time"
>>     The mythsettime script is the following:
>>     sudo echo $1 > /var/lib/mythtv/myth.time
>>     sudo echo $1 > /proc/acpi/alarm
>>

>> I don't think sudo echo's work with redirection.  I think you have to
>> set your SetWakeuptimeCommand to sudo /usr/bin/mythsettime $time in
>> order for it to work, but I could be wrong.  You might also have to
>> put \' or \" around $time ( i.e \'$time\') as at least in my case, the
>> $time variable consists of two words, so $1 will only get the first
>> one.  Alternatively, you could use 'echo $@' in mythsettime which will
>> print all of the arguments passed to mythsettime.  Also, myth does log
>> shutdown warnings every ten seconds for a minute before a shutdown in
>> /var/log/mythtv/.
>>
>>     which should write the wakeup time into the acpi alarm .
>>     my question is now, how can i test the script without the mythbackend
>>     because the $time variable is not know outside the mythbackend
>>     programm.
>>

>> something like:
>>
>> sudo /usr/bin/mythsettime '2006-12-18 15:05:00'
>>
>> would test your script for 3:05 today, however this seems obvious, did
>> you mean something else?
>>
>> --
>> Dylan
>>
>> Type faster.  Use Dvorak:
>> http://dvzine.org
>>

> Thanks for your help
>
> the command you proposed is working, but how can i verify that it is
> working with the $time variable ?
> something like:
> [root at server ~]# /usr/bin/mythsettime $time
> echo: Schreibfehler: Das Argument ist ungültig
> [root at server ~]#
>
> Markus

Hi
sorry for stress this topic but i have still no success with this feature.
what i discovered is that , if i redirect the output to a file then i
get only this DATE format "YYYY-DD-01:HH:01:SS" whitch is not complete  .
the WakeupTimeFormat is YYYY-DD-MM HH:MM:SS
my Question is why is the time not correct reported from the mythbackend
to the $1 Variable ?

regards
    Markus