[mythtv-users] One down, one to go (No text/icons on screen)

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Fri Jan 5 22:53:32 UTC 2007

OK, Ive solved my compile problem (thanks guys) but still have the
2nd problem that I mentioned in a previous note.

Namely.
Everything works fine on my 'main machine'.

I have been experimenting with a 2nd machine to see how things will
work when I put a machine in next to the TV, and here I have problems.
When I start mythfrontend, I see the Theme background for a second,
and then the screen goes BLACK.  No background, no text/icons on top
of it.  Everything DID work fine here for a while, but I havent been able
to get back to that state.

The world is still alive, since if I hit <CR>, I get Live TV, and I expect
that if I were to move the invisible cursor down, I would get whatever
other actions are available on the menu.

Any thoughts on what could cause this?
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com