[mythtv-users] lirc issues after vacation

Jordan Roth jordroth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 17:38:55 UTC 2007

I had a similar problem.  I would recomend making sure it starts as a
service and then checking" irw " from a terminal session.  If that gives a
response when you push buttons on the remote, then check to make sure the
lircrc.txt file is in the right place.  i had mine in the root users home
when it should be in the mythtv users home directory.  so mythtv only
responded to remote control commands when i ran mythtv as root.  so i jsut
copied the file to the corresponding mythtv users home .  try starting
mythtv as root and see if your remote works.  if it does then it is jsut a
matter of permissions or simple copying the lircrc file to the right place.

Jordan Roth