[mythtv-users] DB migration to new box...

casey dunn casey.dunn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 17:06:21 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> oops, hit send early...
>
> I was also going to add that you should be fine importing your old
> database, though you may want to delete all your recordings devices
> and re-add them as hardware changes may occur with new new/different
> setups.

Exactly what I was looking for.  It's all well and good to see the
commands to backup the DB (which I'd all ready looked up).  I was
looking for some input.

There was also this
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Importing_Old_Database which
didn't make any sense to me.  I don't understand the mythconverge ->
mythCUR moves, it reads like a step or two is missing.  Why not just
build the new machine, set it up then move recorded and oldrecorded?