[mythtv-users] DB migration to new box...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 14:06:16 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/4/07, casey dunn <casey.dunn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to move my existing Ubuntu edgy / myth .20 recordings and
> > schedules to my new fc6 / .21 box.  Should I dump the whole db and
> > move it over with the files or would I be better off with some sort of
> > selective import?
> >
> > My main concern is the scheduled recordings.  I had to redo that once
> > before and I'm not real keen and going through that again.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Backup_your_database
> please use the Wiki

oops, hit send early...

I was also going to add that you should be fine importing your old
database, though you may want to delete all your recordings devices
and re-add them as hardware changes may occur with new new/different

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -