[mythtv-users] Recording issues...am I asking for help in the wrong way??

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Fri Jan 5 11:28:19 UTC 2007

On 5 Jan 2007, at 08:17, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> What would help is a log from when the (failed) recording was made.
> You
> can get a more verbose log with mythbackend -v channel,record -l
> <logfile>

I'm a Myth n00b, but it _looks_ to me like Bob already gave a log
from when the (failed) recording was made at <http://www.gossamer-
threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/243727?#243727>.

Bob: from searching the archive it looks like you're having a bunch
of problems with this particular tuner card. Is it possible you could
try another tuner to see how that behaves? Even if you could just
pick up a cheap analogue tuner (of a variety that's know to work with
Myth) & plug it into a coat-hanger aerial then this might help
isolate the problem. If that card too indicates fails to record on
time then clearly it's a problem with MythTV; if the new card records
perfectly then you can safely look more closely at the pcHDTV-5500
(am I right in thinking this card has two tuners, analogue & HD?)

Stroller.