[mythtv-users] Mythtv and harmony 880

Billy Macdonald whmac33 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 04:51:18 UTC 2007

--- Peter <pete at putzin.net> wrote:

> >> Does it control everything well? I have a 670, and this looks like the
> >> perfect way to setup Myth, but are some Myth features unaccounted for?
> >>

> > It does work well for me.  I used the basic keys for myth and didn't
> > need to remap anything.  I am sure their are more advanced features
> > which I could map but just haven't bothered.
> >
> > Michael

> OK, so going back to this thread, I'm kind of stuck. It's been a long
> winding road getting Myth setup including some fighting with XvMC,
> Comcast, MythMusic, and what not. Now I'm struggling with Lirc. I setup
> my 670 with the MCE-500 under the logitech app. But with the mceusb
> lircd.conf, I don't get anything. I'm wondering if anyone has any
> thoughts about what Logitech device to choose? Thanks for any help.

I just purchased a Harmony 880.  I previously was using a Hauppauge gray remote
from a PVR250 that is in the backend with a custom serial receiver.  To get
this to work in Myth, I configured the Harmony with a PVR with this model info
Hauppauge PVR (WinTV-PVR-250).  There was a MythTV option, but that didn't work
for me.

lirc seperates the code/button configuration file (/etc/lircd.conf) from the
hardware implementation (lirc_serial module in my case)  If you have your
receiver working properly you can try configuring the PVR 250 on Harmony as I
did and copy the remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge distributed with lirc
to /etc/lircd.conf for the button maps.

The only buttons I've changed are I made the skip and replay I made the Up &
Down arrows under the d-pad.  Oh, and make this file distributed with myth your
.lircrc if you go this route.  configfiles/lircrc.native.example.hauppauge

Billy