[mythtv-users] VGA to component cables

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Fri Jan 5 04:28:56 UTC 2007

On 5 Jan 2007, at 03:46, Dave wrote:
> Taking the VGA 15 pin to YPbPr cable and plugging it into that
> adapter?   The signal going into the TV would still not be YPbPr, it
> would be RGB, so unless the SCART specification indicates that the RGB
> and YPbPr use the same pins, and the TV can detect which it is, I
> think
> you are still out of luck, But, SCART isnt used here, so I could be
> wrong.

I think one of the cables in the OP's original links isn't really a
VGA to YPbPr cable. I referenced this cable as [1].

[1] <http://www.lenexpo-electronics.com/2M-6FT-ATLONA-HIGH-QUALITY-
VGA-TO-COMPONENT-VIDEO-BREAKOUT-CABLE-p-16189.html>

I think other posters have also conjectured that such a cheap cable
surely has no electronics in it to convert from RGB to YPbPr, and is
surely:
1) Mis-labelled on the website.
2) Actually outputting RGB.

You're right that SCART cables expect only RGB (or composite, but not
YPbPr component).

Stroller.