[mythtv-users] XvMC on NVidia with Myth .20

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Fri Jan 5 02:05:13 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 01:59:00PM -0800, Bob Sully wrote:

> I've had an odd problem since upgrading to the latest nVidia driver (9746)
> ... if I access MythWeb and click on "backend status", it crashes X
> (everything else stays up; I can ssh in, but can't kill the X server).  I
> did not see this with the older driver (8774).  Have you seen or heard
> about this from anyone else?
>
> Upgrading to the new driver and adding the UseEvents option did improve my
> HD playback, however, which is why I'd like to figure out what's up with
> it rather than rolling back to the older driver.
>
> The box: Athlon 64/2.5GHz, 2G RAM, nVidia 6200 card, pcHDTV 5500 tuner
> card, Mandriva 2006 x86_64.

I haven't had that issue.  MythWeb works ok on my system.
I have experienced crashes (actually shuts down the system) when
switching input sources on the pcHDTV3000 between HD and NTSC.

Currently I'm having issues with svn playing live tv - SD only.  Prebuffering
pauses just long enough to cause an audio pop.  Live HD playback is fine.

My setup: Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHz, 512MB RAM nVidia 6600 PCI Express,
pcHDTV 3000, HD Homerun, Debian x86_64 SID, sound via SPDIF from built
in sound system (nForce 4 chipset).

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"