[mythtv-users] XvMC on NVidia with Myth .20

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Jan 4 21:59:00 UTC 2007

Patrick:

I've had an odd problem since upgrading to the latest nVidia driver (9746)
... if I access MythWeb and click on "backend status", it crashes X
(everything else stays up; I can ssh in, but can't kill the X server).  I
did not see this with the older driver (8774).  Have you seen or heard
about this from anyone else?

Upgrading to the new driver and adding the UseEvents option did improve my
HD playback, however, which is why I'd like to figure out what's up with
it rather than rolling back to the older driver.

The box: Athlon 64/2.5GHz, 2G RAM, nVidia 6200 card, pcHDTV 5500 tuner
card, Mandriva 2006 x86_64.

Bob
(fellow Parrothead)
"The weather is here, wish you were beautiful".