[mythtv-users] Backend exit on connection and ignored lirc repeats

Peter Andersson pandersson61 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 5 00:57:07 UTC 2007

I have two questions for you guys. One regarding master/slave backends and
one concerning lirc configuration.

Software config
Mythtv 0.20 stable svn from yesterday (sorry can't remember the revision
number)
Kernel 2.6.18.1 With included dvb and v4l modules
Lirc 0.8.1 pre5

Hardware
Hauppauge WinTV PVR2 usb (same as pvr-350 but with usb connection instead of
pci)
Hauppauge Nexus-CA dvb-c (same as Technoternd 2300)

1.)
I'm setting up three mythboxes in my home, two of them will contain video
cards and one, the master backend, will not. It's soul purpose is to
start/stop the two slaves when a recording is about to start. The problem i
have is that when i connect a slave to the backend the backend exits with
the following error:

MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_STATE) Unknown encoder: 1, exiting

"Encoder 1" is a Hauppauge WinTV PVR2 with hardware encoding and is
recognized by myth as a pvr-250 card. On the slave backend the tv-card works
just fine.

2.)
No matter how i configure .mythtv/lircrc i still get repeats on my remote
control. I can get four or five "key strokes" with just one button push,
which can be quite annoying. I think i have configured mythtv right. Here's
an example:
begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 1
    repeat = 0
    config = 1
end

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this? If so please let me know. I
have been banging my head with this for over 24 hours now and i'm nowhere
near a solution.

Thanks

/peter